Leadership in Equity, Advocacy, & Diversity
LEAD Academy focuses on developing students to develop and sustain positive social change by addressing issues of equity and justice in their local context.
It is the hope that through this program, students will be equipped and empowered to partner in creating an inclusive campus environment. At the of the year, each student will receive a Certificate of Completion and have a portfolio of the work they have completed to present to employers.
Through the Year Long Program, Students will:
- Develop self-awareness
- Explore aspects of their identity
- Develop communication strategies for conflict resolution
- Understand how and practice implementing the value of equity helps to create inclusive environment where people feel valued and supported
- Understand how to engage political systems to advocate for the development of safe communities
- Connect aspects of Diversity, Equity, and Advocacy to their vocation
Who can join?
- All students in leadership at Warner
- Students who want to develop leadership skills
- Students on leadership scholarships
- Attend monthly LEAD meetings
- Use personal assessments (Strengths, IES, MBTI, among others) to develop self-awareness and create a growth map for the year
- Attend 1 Student Senate per month
- Participate in at least 2 co-curricular programs each moth
- Participate in 3 service learning projects per semester
- Meet regularly with staff mentor to track development and be encouraged!
- Enroll in SS 201 for the Fall semester if not previously taken