We can help you explore your calling, find employment opportunities, and provide resources to help you navigate the application process. Career Services are an integral part of a student’s education. Discovering your career calling is usually a process we have guides to come alongside you to help you process and resources to aid in this exploration. As students more fully understand their values, skills, and interests, they’re better prepared to pursue a meaningful career and life plans.
Career services offered
- June 4: Job & Internship Opportunities
- Career and Job Notifications for WP Students
- 30 Companies That Help Employees Pay for College
- Upcoming Career Events
- Resume and Cover Letter Guides and tutor feedback
- One on one appointments
- Career Assessments/Testing
- Workshops and Seminars
- Career Fairs
Writing tutors in the Academic Success Center can always help you go over grammar, punctuation, and spelling on your resume and/or cover letter. Find them in the library. For broader guidance on constructing a resume or cover letter contact Rod Johanson (email@example.com).
Resume and Cover Letter Guides
Resumes and cover letters are often an employer’s first introduction to you. They tell your employment story in a page or two. Guides posted on Handshake can give you a great start on these. Then, if you like, have one of our tutors or our academic success coordinator give you feedback on your work. To access the guides or schedule an appointment for feedback on your resume or cover letter use your handshake account at warnerpacific.joinhandshake.com.
- WPU Resume Guide
- WPU Cover Letter Guide
- Top 10 Interview Tips for New College Graduates
- 15 Career Experts Share the Best Interview Tips for New College Graduates
- How to Prepare for an Interview
- How to Ace Phone Interviews
- How to Nail a Group Interview
- Explaining Curriculum Vitaes (CV)
Career Development Workshops
Every year Warner Pacific University Career Center offers a variety of career development workshops (networking, interviewing, and resume writing). You can learn about these and workshops offered at other universities through you handshake account at warnerpacific.joinhandshake.com.
There are many career fairs locally and nationally. Participating in these can be a great time of career exploration, job searching, and networking to find a job. You can find local and national job fairs through your handshake account at warnerpacific.joinhandshake.com.
Lunch and Learn Career Development Workshops from 12:15 – 1:00 pm
Spring 2018 Career Events
- April 4 Interviewing
- April 11 Resume
- April 18 Networking
Online Career Exploration and Job Listings*
There are lots of great career and job exploration sites available online. We have made a short list of some students have found to be very helpful. These can be found on your Handshake site warnerpacific.joinhandshake.com.
LinkedIn Jobs Search*
Join the Warner Pacific community on LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional social network, to learn about career paths, connect with key contacts, and stay in touch with the University.
- Create a LinkedIn profile to help you stay connected to your network and to identify new contacts. A strong network is built on real connections with others. Don’t attempt to build your contacts with people you have never met. Likewise, don’t accept invitations from people you do not know.
- Add Warner Pacific University to the Education section of your profile.
- Use LinkedIn Job Search to leverage the power of your network and get hired.
- Provide relevant information in your LinkedIn profile: headline, photo, work history, and education. This is your online resume.
- Join Groups purposefully. LinkedIn offers groups for people who share certain interests. For example, join the Official Warner Pacific University Alumni Association group to search for WPU grads who work in a specific industry, organization, career, or geographic region.
*While we seek to post jobs consistent with our mission, vision, and values, it is a student’s responsibility to do their due diligence in the job search process. WPU does not assume responsibility for the jobs posted through the links provided.